Sunday 26 June 2011

An interesting quote


So I googled art quotes(quotes are extreme cool) and found this really interesting one:

If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.  -  Vincent Van Gogh
 Now there's a quote.
If you suck at something, all the more you should work at it, right? I guess that's what he's trying to say, though he's put in quite hard-to-understand terms. Its interesting, all right.
 But that's not exactly my favourite quote. My favourite quote is by someone who I've never heard of and who's last name sounds like a company's name:

Lying in bed would be an altogether perfect and supreme experience if only one had a colored pencil long enough to draw on the ceiling. - Gilbert K. Chesterton
Now, if someone invented a pencil like that I reckon my bedroom ceiling would be covered in cartoons.Maybe I'll invent one when I'm older.

No comments:

Post a Comment