Sunday 26 June 2011

Jumping clay

Actually my mom got jumping clay for my brother so he could develop his aesthetic skills rather than play with cars. Well, guess what happened next. He ignored the clay completely, kept it in a corner of his room and kept on playing with his precious cars. So I went and got the clay and made really cute stuff out of them. There are some really useful tutorials on YouTube, so I had no trouble learning how to make lollipops(you just roll out strips of different colored clay, put them together, twist and roll out again), cupcakes(based on lollipops actually, you'll see how), cakes, gingerbread men, doughnuts, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I've given away a lot of the stuff in the picture as birthday presents. Actually the picture doesn't include all the stuff I've made; I gave away stuff to friends before taking it. My favourite is actually the yellow bird(I've given away that too) but overall making stuff out of jumping clay is just a hobby. I hope to move on to polymer clay, but that's really expensive so I'll still be doing this for a while. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment